Things in Wisconsin That Are Scarier Than Scott Walker
Kary Martin (The Spooky)
A young goth kid with psychic powers and an inheritence
Premonitions: At the start of each mystery, roll +Weird. On a 10+, you get a detailed vision of something bad that is yet to happen. You take +1 forward to prevent it coming true, and mark experience if you stop it. On a 7-9+ you get clouded images of something bad that is yet to happen: mark experience if you stop it. On a miss, you get a vision of something bad happening to you and the Keeper holds 3, to be spent one-for-one as penalties to rolls you make.
Tune In: You can attune your mind to a monster or minion. Roll +Weird. On a 10+, hold 3. On a 7-9, hold 1. On a miss, the monster becomes aware of you. Spend one hold to ask the Keeper one of the following questions, and gain +1 ongoing while acting on the answers:
• Where is the creature right now?
• What is it planning to do right now?
• Who is it going to attack next?
• Who does it regard as the biggest threat?
• How can I attract its attention?
Jinx: You can encourage coincidences to occur, the way you want. When you jinx a target, roll +Weird. On a 10+ hold 2 and on a 7-9 hold 1. On a miss, the Keeper holds 2 over you to be used in the same way. Spend your hold to:
• Interfere with a hunter, giving them -1 forward.
• Help a hunter, giving them +1 forward, by interfering with their enemy.
• Interfere with what a monster, minion, or bystander is trying to do.
• Inflict 1-harm on the target due to an accident.
• The target finds something you left for them.
• The target loses something that you will soon find.
- 9mm (2-harm close loud)
- Hunting rifle (2-harm far loud)
The Dark Side
Your powers have an unsavory source, and sometimes you get tempted to do things you shouldn’t. These could be orders from whatever granted your power, or urges that bubble up from your subconscious. Something like that. Whatever it is, it’s unsettling.
Tags: secrets, poor impulse control, hallucinations